Saturday, November 14, 2009

can I help you grammy?


Today was a beauty.
People were swimming in the pool and in the ocean.
I had every window in the condo open wide letting the balmy ocean breezes blow through.
Lucy is my only granddaughter.
She and I have a lot in common.
We don't like roller coasters or Captain Hook.
We do like to read and cook together.
Today she helped me make some pink frosting for a little cake I made.
For a treat she got to lick the beaters.
There was only one near miss today.
She was helping me sweep off the deck and mysteriously the broom went over the rail and down three stories to the ground. It happened so quickly I couldn't tell whether it was planned or an accident. She wasn't about to let on. Poor granddaddy had to leave his game and go retrieve.
I chose to let it pass. That's what grammys do you know.
Autumn.....the years last, loveliest smile.
To children, and laughter, and beautiful days
cathy

No comments: