Monday, June 7, 2010

hot nights and hotter days

This house has been hot for almost a week now.
The air conditioning repair man was here all afternoon....
he left and has returned and is still outside.
I am just now beginning to be able to breathe.

We have been spending the hot nights at the beach and then returning early to get to our chores.

For the last two weeks there has hardly been time for me to draw a breath.
I have not been in God's word on a regular basis.
What happens?
That sweet fellowship with Him ebbs away,
I am less able to cope with the daily cares,
I forget to bring every thought captive,
and I become a general mess.

Today I made sure that I was getting back where I belong in His word.
I took my Bible
and my notebook
and my pens and markers and glasses
and the two other study books that I am reading
and went over to the new library across the street.

I was looking forward to sitting in the cool for two or three hours reading and studying.

When I got there the sign on the door read,
"Closed on Monday."

"Those who love Thy word have great peace
and nothing causes them to stumble." Psalm 119:165

No comments: