Sunday, June 20, 2010

to fathers and daughters.....

Amanda Beth Cleland Hollingsworth
was born on Father's Day in the year of 1976.

She was two weeks late when she decided to come.
We had just moved into our new home on Donna Road.

I was in that state of fully ripe pregnant women when you start to believe that your baby will never come and you will be that way for the rest of your life.
A huge Father's Day Sunday dinner was planned and being executed.

Much to everyones delight,
Amanda was born at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon.
The dinner never happened.
everyone was at the hospital to welcome her arrival.

All during my pregnancy I was told that I was carrying another boy.
You can imagine my ultimate joy when they finally convinced me that I had a girl.

David had already made Bubba a Daddy,
but I must say a baby girl named Amanda was the perfect Fathers Day gift.

I love both of you!

Happy Birthday Amanda
Happy Father's Day Bubba

No comments: