Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my book list


Those of you who supper at our table.....
know about my fondness for Vietre dinnerware.
This fine pottery is handmade in Italy.
I have been collecting it for years.
~
On our trip to Florida last week,
I found the above pieces in a boutique in St. Augustine.
They were offered for sale at half price and I scooped them up.
I also found the above tablecloth on sale as well.
You know the rest of that story.
I have all kinds of decorating plans going on in my head for these items.
~
Yesterday on Facebook there came around this statement...
List the first 15 books you think of that you have read & that impacted you.
Since reading is a passion for me I sat down and created my list immediately.
Here it is.....
~
1. The Bible (my life depends on it)
~
2 Assurance of Salvation (have read it twice....every believer should)
~
3. Winds of War (a saga of WW II - I can't get enough)
~
4. The Great Doctrines of the Bible (taught me to love the truth of God's word)
~
5. Total Truth ( in this world where "the lie" is considered truth, this is a must read)
~
6. War & Rememberance (more WW II - a continuation of Winds of War)
~
7. The Thorn Birds (this story haunts me to this day)
~
8. Isacc's Storm (this got me started loving weather related disaster books)
~
9. Pilgrim's Progress (love to think of this as I plod through life)
~
10. Pompeii ( I have to go there one day to stand in the midst of this place)
~
11. Winnie the Pooh (I decorated David's nursery in Winnie because of this book)
~
12. The Footsteps of the Messiah (reading now...mesmerized - deals with the end times)
~
13. Rebecca (a classic that has stuck with me)
~
14. Charlotte's Web (I read this every year to my third grade class)
~
15. Gone With the Wind (read as a teenager...made me glad to be a southern girl)
~
16. Martin L. Jones Commentary on Romans chapter 6 (this changed my life)
~
This list is not in any way comprehensive.
It will change over time.
These were the ones that jumped out at me.
I would love to see yours.
~
cathy
~
What do you think of this format?
The black was not well recieved.



1 comment:

David said...

Oh. You know I think the maps are cool. And I like the brown.