Saturday, June 5, 2010

a thief in the afternoon


Yesterday afternoon on the way to the third funeral visitation of the week
Amanda said this to me......
~
"I have an intense desire to stop at one of these old abandoned houses
that are surrounded by these big blue beautiful hydrangeas and pick a bouquet.....
but I would never have have the nerve to do it."
~
That was all I needed to hear.
On the way home we did stop
and while she idled the car
I jumped out with scissors and cut a bunch or two.
The results are pictured above.
~
Amanda is back in Lanexa with a very sick little Eli headed to the doctor.
It looks like strep.
I am so sorry.
~
Our air has been out most of this past week.
We thought it was fixed yesterday, but by this morning it was gone again. It will not be fixed now until Monday and it is too muggy to sleep with the windows open. At least we are renting and the landlord will have to pay to fix it because.....
~
THE TRANSMISSION
IN BUBBA'S VAN
QUIT WORKING
YESTERDAY
TO THE TUNE OF $3,000.
~
All that to say this....
We are heading to the beach condo,
to get cool,
to walk on the beach,
to view my much loved ocean,
and to sleep cool.
You know I love it!
c

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hydrangeas are my FAVORITE!! What a beautiful bouquet you picked!