Thursday, June 17, 2010

sweet peace and contentment

I bought these yesterday.
Aren't they so beautiful?

I think....
no, I know, that I am becoming more and more a homebody.
I just like being in my home, in my bed, with my things surrounding me.

Bubba's 42 year career in the military took us all over the country.
We hardly got back from one trip before we were out headed on another.
I enjoyed every minute of it but....
I am so thankful now whenever I can be in my home.

I cleaned it to perfection today.
I even got to those floors that I had neglected.
The best part of house cleaning is to look at it when I'm all done
and say, "awwwwww."

There is a sweet peace that comes with being content in one's circumstances.

"How blessed are those who observe His testimonies,
who seek Him with all of their heart." Psalm 119:2

I needed today
in this home
in His word
in prayer
seeking Him with all of my heart.

*remember to pray diligently for Steven and Sherry Key

No comments: