Saturday, June 19, 2010

there is such joy....


in preparing a meal for those you love.

It begins with thinking....
thinking about the person or people that will sit at your table.
What do they like?
what would please them?
How can I make them feel special and loved?

Next is planning...
what will I need to buy?
How will I set the table?

I just returned from the grocery.
Now, in just a little while I will begin the preparation.
It will take the better part of the afternoon to get it all done.
This is a labor of love and well worth the effort.

And then during the meal, another time to minister and show love
by making sure that everyone is comfortable and has everything they need

I write now because tonight after all is done I will be exhausted.
In a little while I will throw in a picture of the set table....
I'm using the new plates that I bought in Florida.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and my dad is coming to dinner.
We are actually having the celebration this evening.
This will be the first time he has been in this new home.
Most of you know what this means to me.
I'm still amazed at God's goodness to restore him to me.

Psalm 119:24 ~ about God's word....
Your testimonies are my delight;
They are my counselors.

daily!!!!
cathy

1 comment:

Allison said...

What an amazing answer to prayer!!!!