Wednesday, June 16, 2010

maps & me


So I chose the brown map template for my blog to rave reviews.
Glad you like it.

I love maps.
One of my best afternoons when we travel is to
find an old bookstore that sells maps.
I could look at them for hours.

Maps are fascinating.......
especially old ones.
Can you imagine the effort that went into mapping in days gone by?
They took years to complete and then the old maps were less than accurate.
I like those the best....
the ones that are obviously distorted to some extent.

I found the above map the other day in some of my things.
I'm looking for the right wall to plaster it on.

Oh, and by the way,
I want one of those lighted globes that turns freely on it's axis.
I also want one of those maps that show the
darkness descending on the face of the earth.

"Cowboy take me away....
Fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue....."
c

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love maps and I LOVE the new template!!