Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Bible

We went to the beach today.
Lucy and Harry thought the waves were the best ever.
We all got a little too much sun,
but that didn't stop the fun.

Amanda and the boys are coming tomorrow.
We will be spending next week at the condo.

Some famous quotes about the Bible....

George Washington ~ "It is impossible
to rightly govern the world without
God and the Bible."

Andrew Jackson ~ "That book, sir, is the rock
on which our republic rests."

Abraham Lincoln ~ "I believe the Bible is the best gift
God has ever given to man. All the good from the
Saviour of the world is communicated to us
through this book."

U.S. Grant ~ "The Bible is the sheet-anchor
of our liberties."

Robert E. Lee ~ "In all my perplexities and distresses,
the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength."

John Ruskin ~ "Whatever merit there is in anything that I have written
is simply due to the fact that when I was a child my mother daily read me
a part of the Bible and daily made me learn a part of it by heart."

The Bible.....
God's Word to us.
What has happened since these men spoke these words?

No comments: