Friday, July 16, 2010

the Lord's lovingkindnesses never cease

What can I say to my friend who is suffering?
Nothing that comes out of my mouth seems adequate.

My only help in the tragedy of your situation comes from God's word.
I offer this hope to you.
Think about this passage tonight and be at peace.

"Remember my affliction and my wandering,
the wormwood and bitterness.
Surely my soul remembers
And is bowed down within me.

This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion says my soul,
Therefore I have hope in Him.
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
to the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently for His salvation."
Lamentations 3: 19 - 26

No comments: