Monday, July 19, 2010

this bird......

was spotted yesterday evening.
He was peacefully standing by a lazy lagoon
over on Hilton Head Island.

Even though the lagoon looks serene,
it is the habitation of several rather large alligators
and some baby alligators that probably hatched in the spring.

In a little while I will post some more pictures
taken on our bike ride,
but I thought this lovely beach bird should stand alone. (literally)

You regular blog followers have probably guessed by now....
I am a nature lover.
All of the things that God made are intriguing to me.
They speak loudly of His glory in creating and sustaining the earth.

This verse was just brought to my remembrance:
The words of Jesus our Lord to the Pharisees
who had told Him to rebuke His disciples for praising His name
on His Triumphal entry into Jerusalem before He died for us.......

"I tell you, if these (the disciples) were silent, the very stones would cry out."

God's creation never fails to bring glory to His name.

more in a little while...
cc

No comments: