Monday, November 29, 2010

the best tree ever

Lucy and I found it without much ado.
It was the fifth tree the kind man held up for us.
It is a Frasier fir from North Carolina.
It stands nine feet tall before being cut to fit the stand.
Lucy and I just knew it was the perfect tree.
Bubba showed up in time to pay,
and couldn't believe that I made the choice in such a short time.

Dinner was afterwards at J. Harris.
Lucy just loves the french bread and cheese spread.

One thing has changed in the last few weeks....
Lucy now reads to me.
We were just piled up in the bed devouring some books.
She let me read most of "The Cat in the Hat."
I just love to read Dr. Seuss.

I hear her in there now reading to herself.
When she falls silent I will know she is done for the day.

I look at this child in wonder as she learns and grows.
She is such a gift to us.
Praise God for allowing us to have this blessing.

No comments: