Wednesday, November 10, 2010

let me just say......

I did not do Psalm 18:35 justice last night.

6 words....
"Your gentleness has made me great."

I have in my hand a seven page single-spaced
sermon written by Charles Spurgeon.
It was delivered by him on Sunday morning, April 1, 1866,
at the Metropolitan Tabernacle in Newington, England.
The whole sermon deals with those six words in verse 35.

If you care to look it up on the computer,
look for sermon # 6823.

Here are three examples of how His gentleness makes us great.....

"It is gentleness
which makes the all-wise One
stoop down to our ignorance and teach us by degrees."

"What gentleness our God has shown to us
in the timing and tuning of our trials!"

"His gentleness shows itself in His being afficted in our afflictions
and entering into our sorrows,
and putting Himself side by side with us in the battle of spiritual life."

Spurgeon's last sentence....
"May you realize in your lives and in your hearts the meaning of my text,
'Your gentleness has made me great.' "

I will be studying this sermon and letting the truth of it sink in.

I thank Him tonight for resources
to help in our study of God's word
cathy

No comments: