Tuesday, November 2, 2010

gobble

This guy was at the farm on Saturday past.
He reminded me that one of my most favorite holidays is very near.
Thanksgiving is the time when family and friends join together
to celebrate all of our blessings and just enjoy being together.
The food is always good and the fellowship very sweet.

I am already starting to plan ahead as we will be hosting this year.
If you have no place to go, consider joining us for the feast.
There will be plenty of food and a place at the table.
Of course, all you regulars know where to come.

After looking at our friend in the picture above,
I have serious doubts as to why we elect
to let this bird be the centerpiece of our meal.
He is scruffy and dirty and really,
what's going on with the whole head and neck thing?
When he performed
one of his gobbles right in front of me,
he scared me to death.
Frankly, after this encounter,
I think I will push to serve prime rib this year.

Thought I would post early tonight
as I am looking forward to watching
the election returns.
Some of you may not know that I am
a closet political junky.

Tonight I am thankful for my home.
It is decorated for fall and very cozy,
and I love being here.

Blessings abound everywhere I turn.
cathy

No comments: