Friday, November 26, 2010

"i have no good apart from You"

Fall finally came to Savannah as evidenced by the tree above.

I stopped my car,
jumped out,
and took this picture
because the sun shining through the red leaves
made the tree look like it was glowing.
It took my breath away.

This has probably been the warmest autumn on record here.
One short cold snap and we quickly got back to balmy weather.

Speaking of the weather.........
Our much loved boat show was rained out tonight.
It hasn't rained here in Savannah for months,
but it rained tonight.

All of the boats dress up with thousands of lights
and sail up and then down the Savannah River.
Santa is always in the last boat
heralding the arrival of the Christmas holiday in our beautiful city.
Instead, we stayed home
and ate left-overs from yesterday with the other Clelands.

I spent the afternoon with my Aunt Jackie and my cousin Trish.
We found a new seafood restaurant
that has the best lump crab patty I have ever put in my mouth.
Nothing beats our city for fresh seafood.

Lastly, I found this today....

I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from You."
psalm 16:2

No comments: