Tuesday, November 23, 2010

playing with blocks

My husband, Henry,
is a retired colonel in the
United States Air Force.

His job was high-powered and involved almost constant travel.
It spanned the course of over 42 years.
Our children were practically raised in Washington, DC.....
I know that place like the back of my hand.
We even got to live the "high life" there for a brief time.
(we lived on the eleventh floor of a high rise)

All that to say this.
Bubba now has an "office."
He goes there early in the morning.
He stays until late afternoon.
He has made a really good friend
in another place of business on the same row.

I stop by often
and he is always quite busy,
usually doing something for someone else.
He's like that...you know.
Always, others first.

Anyway, when I stopped by yesterday,
I saw what you see in the picture above.
He had put together the blocks
of the names of our grandchildren
and he even included our newest granddaughter.

I was overwhelmed.

I thank God tonight for my husband
who truly is the most unselfish person I have ever known.
cathy

No comments: