Saturday, November 27, 2010

borrowed eli

This picture will be my last shot of Thanksgiving.
It was taken by Mark's sister Kari at the Hollingsworth's celebration in VA.
I love the look on his face and the turkey on his shirt.
I just can't ignore such cuteness and I had to share it with all of you.

In the past few days I have found myself being "anxious."
I've been doing some "fretting" about the coming of Christmas.
I was telling myself that I would never "get it all done."
It seems that while we are still celebrating Thanksgiving,
there is a tremendous push to shop as if there is no tomorrow.

It starts with a frenzy of activity.....
stores open early or even all night.
People camping out in front of stores a week in advance.
Tales of human stampedes to be the first to reach a "hot" item.
Black Friday.....Cyber Monday....
O what have we come too?

"The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty One who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you by His love."
Zephaniah 3:17

O God, quiet me and
help me to focus on You
during the busy days ahead.
cathy

No comments: