Saturday, June 18, 2011

finding magic in the mundane

Some bubbles
turned our afternoon into magic.
Big,
colorful,
bubbles floating everywhere,
making Lucy and I laugh and laugh
as we chased them around in the yard.

My life
is filled with those moments.
It is a blessing I never take for granted.
The little,
unexpected,
mundane things of life that light my world.

David and Erika have arrived safely in Addis Ababa.
Two of their bags didn't.
When they got to their room,
their was a crib.
David said that tomorrow night that crib will be filled.
Praise God for this journey.
Praise God for how much we have all grown through this experience.

"I cannot change the world,
but I can change the world for one person."  Mother Theresa

1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

So thankful the crib will contain a precious child tonight! Love the pics of Lucy and the bubbles :) Hope to see you in August!!