Sunday, June 12, 2011

hi ~ i'm back

I love globes!
This is my old one....
it is kind of wobbly.
If anybody out there ever has a reason to buy me a gift,
I would love a lighted globe.
My highest dream would be one of
those that shows the progression of night and day on our planet.

Globes and maps fascinate me.
I don't really know why.
When I taught school,
my greatest joy was to get to teach geograpy.

God made the earth and
He made it good.
That's what He said when He finished creating.

Genesis 1:31
"And God saw everything that he had made,
and behold, it was very good."

FEATHERS

We had to do some maintenance in our condo
this weekend.  I know it's crazy,
but I have a white slipcover on the sofa.
It goes along with the beachy ~ cottage decorating
style that I love.
Every now and then it has to come off to be washed.

To get that thing off is a huge struggle.
This is how it works.....
Bubba does the struggling, and I cheer him on.

Well, evidently, the sofa itself is made of feathers.
By the time all of the covers were off
the whole condo was covered with feathers.
We were cracking up as they were flying everywhere.
Looked as if we had engaged in a major pillow fight.

I love, after forty one years together,
that life is still a hoot for us.
cathy

No comments: