Saturday, June 4, 2011

flower raid

I raided my Dad's backyard this afternoon.
Finding a huge gardenia bush
and some hidden hydrangeas
set my heart a fluttering.
Armed with his small cutters
and sucking in my fear of lizards,
off I went into the
overgrown wonderland.
I came home with the bunches you see above,
minus the roses which I purchased....
I gotta have my fresh roses!

"Behold, days are coming,
declares the Lord God,
when I will send a famine on the land,
not a famine for bread
or a thirst for water,
but rather for hearing the words of the Lord."

"And people will stagger
from sea to sea,
and from the north even to the east:
They will go to and fro
to seek the word of the Lord,
but they will not find it."
Amos 8: 11&12

Please read
and reread
the two verses above.

Right now we are free to read
God's word
and hear it taught and proclaimed.
The day is coming,
soon I think,
that it will be
as the prophet Amos
proclaimed to the people
in the verses above.

God's Word....
seek it with all your heart while you still can!
cathyc

No comments: