Wednesday, June 22, 2011

never before seen photos...

of me as a ballerina!

I'm in the center of the third picture.....
that's Loucinda and Suzanne in the first.
This recital took place in May of 1959.
I was eleven years old.
It seems like I had grace and form,
but my recollections were of being told that I was clumsy.
Must be true as I was only allowed to be a ballerina for one year.

This costume was blue with a black bow tied around my neck.
Some kind of painter/art theme was going on.
The cocky beret gives that away.
Who knows what was going on with those curled up bangs.

Love seeing the 50's style furniture
in our living room on 35th street.
I have that table in my house today.
I really love that sofa!

Bubba, with a little help from me,
is moving out of the last storage house.
When we moved back to Savannah we had five of them.
As of June 30th we will be "storage house free."
So exciting!!!!

That's how I came upon the old pictures.
Of course I forgot how to scan,
so I just took pictures of them.

"Shout for joy to God, all the earth:
sing the glory of His name;
give to Him glorious praise!
Say to God,
How awesome are your deeds!
Psalm 66: 1~3

No comments: