Wednesday, September 4, 2013

a walk on the beach


Sometimes,
when its been a tough day,
Bubba will take me down to the beach.
He knows it will soothe my soul
and bring my sanity back.
The picture I share tonight
was taken just a little while ago
 on the very southernmost tip of Tybee Island.

We walked for a while
 and watched a little tern 
stick his long beak down into the sand,
looking for treasures for supper.
He followed us along 
as we walked and talked and refreshed our spirits.

The tide was high,
clouds filled the sky, and it had rained a little.
The ocean was dark and choppy.
Little Tybee Island 
was mostly covered over with the gray, 
tumultuous sea.

This scene always reminds me of how big God is 
and how very small I am.
He who created the vast ocean
"inclines His ear" to hear my prayer.
He who is sovereign over the sea,
calms my fears
and brings everything back into perspective again.

Tonight...
My thankfulness is that I live near the ocean,
close enough to get there
when I need to breathe it in 
and remember who I am and who controls my life.

I LOVE the ocean!!!!!




No comments: