Saturday, September 7, 2013

shopping with lucy


She says we have a lot in common.
We both love to read more than anything else,
someone said that we have the same smile,
and we both love ice cream
to name just a few.

She is the best granddaughter
my only granddaughter
and a constant source of joy.

Yesterday we went shopping.
We went to the beach 
looking for a picture of the ocean 
to hang over the fireplace.

Now,
 at the beach,
 the shops are quirky and expensive.
A lot of junk with high price tags.

I did find a picture,
an original Rex Duggar,
hanging out in a junk shop.
I love it,
but am having trouble spending that much money 
in an otherwise
 "hole in the wall."

But anyway, back to Lucy.
She had $4.00.
Instead of looking for something for herself,
she insisted on shopping for me.
She made me leave the store 
so that she could make her purchase and surprise me.
I waited and waited,
finally she emerged, grief stricken....
no one would come to help her pay.

My little love is a giver.
She gives out of her beautiful heart.
I want to be more like Lucy in my soul.

Here is the picture.
It would have to be reframed.
I just love it.

No comments: