Tuesday, September 3, 2013

back to school


A special young girl,
Celeste,
a member of our church and a friend,
recently moved to Uganda 
to take a job teaching school.
This is a picture of how her classroom looked
 before the first students arrived.

Always makes me nostalgic,
this time of
"Back to School."
What I remember most about teaching
were my students....
many of whom I am friends with on
Facebook.

It is so exciting to see these little ones so full of promise
all grown up with children of their own.
Two of my former students
are now my doctors.

Being a teacher is the most important job ever!
Whether it be mom at home
or the teacher in a classroom,
these people have the ability to change lives for the better....
to recognize problems
and to enact solutions to those problems.

I think this afternoon of Jesus,
the Master ~ Teacher,
seated on a hillside giving truth and life to His disciples.

""And seeing the multitudes,
 He went up on a mountain, 
and when He was seated His disciples came to Him.
Then He opened His mouth and taught them."  
Matthew 5: 1&2

What do we do with the teachings of Jesus??
Do we hear and act?
Do we disregard?

Jesus teaches the truth.....
it is everything that we need.
Will you open God's Word and learn from Him today?







No comments: