Monday, September 23, 2013

fullness of joy


Tonight I share with you this most amazing picture.....
The Cockspur Lighthouse
with the Harvest Moon from last week rising behind it.
Our condo is to the left of the lighthouse.
This picture was taken by
Don Teuton.
Notice how high the tide was.
Can you even imagine what the beauty of heaven will be like?

Keeping my promise from last night....
(You need to read last night's blog before you read this one)
this is what God wanted me to learn....
from
Life in Christ by Martyn Lloyd Jones.

"Christian people in this world are meant to be full of joy.
This is what we are called to."

{Most of the time,
when something rocks my boat,
I am filled with anger and anxiety,
not joy.}

"Joy is something very deep and profound,
something that affects the whole and entire personality.
In other words, it comes to this....
there is only one thing that can give true joy,
and that is the contemplation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He satisfies my mind,
He satisfies my emotions,
He satisfies my every desire,
and in Him I am complete.

And this full joy is true of us not only when we are
together worshipping God and singing His praises,
but also,
should war come,
should atomic bombs descend,
should I be thrown in a concentration camp,
my joy must remain full.

I have not fully attained to the joy of the Lord,
if it is going to be variant and dependent upon circumstances 
and accidents
 and things that may happen to me.

It is a deep, profound, dynamic thing
that enables me to stand
whatever may be happening to me,
whatever may be taking place in the world,
because I know Him,
because I see Him,
and because I know that
nothing can separate me from Him and His love."

That's where God took me last night.
That's what He wants me to learn.
I am not there yet,
but now I know what I need to be working on.


No comments: