Sunday, September 15, 2013

happy birthday harry b


Today is Harry's sixth birthday.
He got his Yoda cake and his corn-on-the-cob.
He got a tent for outside
and some spy gear from grammy & granddaddy.

At six, little boy,
you are the perfect gentleman.
You waited patiently to open your gifts,
and you enjoyed every minute of your party.
Your thanksgiving was genuine,
your delight,
 pure.

You, little man,
get prayed for all the time.
As you grow,
you become more and more dear to us.
I love your ways,
the things you say,
the expressions on your handsome face.

I love that you still love for me to read to you,
how excited you get to
"spend the night"
 here at our new house.
I am amazed at how well you know your numbers,
and that you spotted the word "God" in the Bible
this morning 
when we were reading it together during church.

You are smart little guy...
you know a lot more than most in more ways than one.
You are sweet and funny and O so dear.
One of my most treasured blessings,
a gift from God.

Happy birthday baby boy,
I love you,
grammy


No comments: