Sunday, September 29, 2013

and she flies through the air


with the greatest of ease.
Taken at Tybee just a few minutes ago.

Ya'll,
Bubba and I had the most amazing little getaway.
After a very hard week,
he literally picked me up,
put me in the car,
and whisked me away.

All I can say is,
I've never needed it more....
I've never been more grateful.
Thank you Bubba, you know me so well.

As the days get shorter and shorter,
the late in the day trips to the beach will have to end.
This afternoon was beautiful,
cool,
lit by the golden sun.
The kite got up super high and we all took turns.
flying.

The only downer was that Lucy got one of those stickers in her foot.
Remember those from your childhood?
They hurt like crazy.
There were tears,
and the van briefly became a medical triage center,
but all ended well.

The ride home was enhanced with a beautiful sunset
and reminisces of a lovely weekend.











No comments: