Monday, September 16, 2013

first nail


We've been moved in over three weeks
and just today was I able to put the first nail in the wall.
Somehow it seems a desecration
but really,
the walls do need some decorations.

Appropriately,
this flying blue heron was the first to go up. 
It soars above the windows
in our bedroom painted gray.

There will be more nails,
but this was the first.
I think he looks really good up there.

Eye report....
Three years ago,
at a very traumatic time in my life,
I almost lost the sight in my left eye.
I had a vein occlusion
which led to a shot in the eye
which led to my eye getting infected 
which led to eye surgery
which led to a very scary three or four weeks 
of not seeing at all out of my left eye.

Today I went for an exam,
there have been many of them between then and now.
I have some sight,
but I cannot see to read at all
out of the left eye.
I had always held out hope that my eyesight would be restored.
Today,
the doctor told me that it was stable, 
but it would never get any better.

I am so thankful that I can see perfectly out of my right eye....
don't even need prescription glasses.

Think I'll go sit on the back porch 
and watch this storm blow in...
so thankful that I can.


No comments: