Monday, May 5, 2014

boys on a bench

Every now and then
I will come in here to the computer
 and look at my pictures.
I have thousands.
Doing so restores my soul and
sends me to counting my blessings.

This one is at the tower on
Skidaway Island.
Sweet boys,
Archie still has on his hospital band,
chillin on a bench.

Just back from the beach
on this beautiful fifth day of May.
God gives us these days.
Soon it will be hot and muggy and 
air conditioning will feel good.
But now....
let me just be outside and feel the warmth
and relish in the beauty of Spring.

Over and above the top of the 
highest mountain
are the joys of the Christian life.
Even on the darkest of days, 
in the depth of despair,
God provides glimmers of hope to get us through.
That hope is found in God's Word.

"Oh, the depth of the riches
both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgement
and His ways past finding out!"
Romans 11:33


No comments: