Friday, May 23, 2014

the joy of a boy


Jake really is a lover boy.
He hugs hard and kisses long,
but when someone kisses him, he wipes it off....
He always has.
He wants to be kissed, he just wipes the kiss off.
A trait of his that I will always remember.

Home again safely from a wonderful trip.
The day after is always hard...
suitcases to unpack,
clothes to wash,
bodies that need to rest,
always feel a little sluggish,
a little out of things.
It takes a while to get home again.

Many times in my writings
I encourage your readers to "Seek the Lord."
Riding home yesterday,
I was reading the book of 
II Chronicles.
Trying to just get through it,
I am ashamed to say.
As usual and much to my delight,
chapter after chapter
 had something to say to me.
I kept reading verse after verse aloud to Bubba.
I found this gem among many....

"For they had sworn with their whole heart,
and had sought GOD earnestly, 
and He let them find Him.
II Chronicles 15:15

Beautiful truth,
GOD LET THEM FIND HIM.

So thankful today that He let me find Him.

All God,
Sovereign God,
None of me.

No comments: