Tuesday, May 27, 2014

a broken heart


I don't just take pictures.
I look for pictures,
I plan them in my head.
Every now and then I see one that blows me away.
This heart is in the tree in front of Mark and Amanda's home.
What is so amazing is that it is broken.
A broken heart.

My heart has been broken many times.
Some breaks have healed,
others never will.
But we go on living, just like this tree.
Standing tall and thriving with a completely broken heart.

God must have had a broken heart
when he saw our sin.
It grieved Him so much
that He sent His Son to this earth
to die in our place.

Thankful tonight for my salvation
and for the grace that He gives me every day
without which I could not stand.

"For the Lord does not see as man sees;
for man looks at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the 
Heart."
I Samuel 16:7b

No comments: