Thursday, May 29, 2014

my favorite chair


If I am not 
standing,
walking,
cleaning, 
cooking
driving,
sleeping,
swimming,
 working,
or at the beach,
I am here
 in my favorite chair.

It starts early in the morning.
This is where I read my Bible and pray.
In the afternoon about one o'clock,
I find my way here again
to read and mellow out a little.
Maybe a nap will come on,
but not very often.

I check Instagram here,
open my mail,
read Coastal Living Magazine,
have nice long chats with Amanda
plan my day,
sit with Lucy to read and such.

It is a cozy place,
my comfort zone.

I also have a favorite chair on the back porch.
It is a rocker that belonged to my mom,
In just a few,
I will take a bowl of Blue Bell out,
and watch the sun go down.

Everyone needs a favorite chair.


This is what the sign behind my chair says....


If you get to spend many days at the beach,
you know this sign is true!



No comments: