Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Jake is nine


Jake came into this world nine years ago today.
He made me a grandmother.....
all of the joys  of life,
rolled into your children's children.
Bubba and I spend most of our free time
loving on these blessings.
We have six.

The picture is of Jake in his classroom this morning.
He made his shirt at school.
Today was"solve the mystery day,"
 hence the detective hat.
His mom, me, and his granddaddy got to help in the classroom.
He and his brother Eli
got to leave school early to start the
birthday celebration.

Nine is nice!
Jake is still a loving, sweet little guy.
He loves his "people" with a passion.
He loves Legos,
and the Disney character "Stitch."
Seemingly,
he has moved out of his "Spiderman" days,
but he loves the "Justice League."
He still lets us tuck him in at night,
and kiss him goodnight.
He takes my hand when we are walking,
and melts my heart.

His swimming skills amaze me.
I can still remember those little arms and legs around me
when he was just learning to swim.
I also remember his screams of fear,
if his mother and I got near the edge of the ocean.
Now we are screaming for him not to go out "too far."


Love this boy to the moon and back....
Happy Birthday Jake!




No comments: