Saturday, May 10, 2014

me and my moma


Tomorrow is Mother's Day.
Reflecting always...
Thinking about my mom and all she did for me.

I remember Daddy telling me
after mom had died,
that she told him one day......
I was about two,
"Ed, I'm taking Cathy to church tomorrow.
You can come if you will,
but if not, I'm taking her by myself."
That's kinda where I got my start.
She knew I needed to hear about Jesus,
and she did the right thing.

Daddy did go with us, 
and I don't think we ever missed another Sunday.
Not that going to church saves you,
but that is where you hear the word....
and it is
God's word that changes your heart.

My mom...
I thank her for what she did,
that she knew where I needed to be,
and she made sure I got there.

If your mom has passed on,
remember her with
 fondness and thanksgiving.

If your mom is alive still,
love her.
Be understanding.
Be thankful for her.
After she has lived a long time,
she may be weary, 
 she may have deep hurts
down in that old soul of hers
 that cannot be uttered.

Our moms are gifts from God.
I miss mine every day.

No comments: