Tuesday, August 18, 2015

keeping gus.......


......is such a pleasure,
but it doesn't leave me much time 
to think about and write a blog.
We just finished reading Cinderella.
I love that he loves that story!
Bedtime kisses were sweet tonight.

Soon he won't be four anymore.
I will miss four,
but look forward to five.

Our day starts early with pancakes and chocolate milk.
I always rise early to get a head start when I'm keeping kids.
A bubble bath,
a few songs,
a book or two read,
and he's out the door with his granddaddy 
to visit friends and family.

We read some more when he gets home.
He looks at a movie
(so that I can rest)
and then we play games ,
do spelling work,
and read some more books.

Sometimes I think,
How in the world were we so blessed
to have this little Ethiopian boy
in our family?
What a joy he is with his
southern accent
 his beautiful eyes,
his chocolate skin,
and his smile,
O that smile!!

Lord, you have been so kind to him.
You have brought him here to us,
He is being raised to love you.
Hopefully,
his heart will always be yours.



I love you Gus!!!



No comments: