Tuesday, August 25, 2015

so i won't forget


There is God and His son Jesus Christ....
and there is the Holy Spirit.
These three people are distinct but they are one God.
They are known as the Trinity.
The Bible is where their story is told.
Just before Jesus was crucified
He told his disciples,......
"I tell you the truth....
 It is to your advantage that I go away;
 for if I do not go away, 
the Comforter will not come to you;
 but if I depart, 
I will send Him to you."  
John 16:7

The Comforter is the Holy Spirit
and He resides in everyone who is a believer.

"I must always remember that the Holy Spirit is a Person,
I must always recognize the fact that this Person is within me.

It is a very good thing for Christians,
the moment they wake up in the morning,,
to say to themselves.....
'I am a child of God.
My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit;
I have this gracious guest within me.
Wherever I am today or whatever I may be doing,
the Holy Spirit will be with me.
I am not alone,
I do not live an isolated life.
there is nothing that I can do or that can happen to me
but that the Holy Spirit is a sharer in it.'

If we but walked with that realization uppermost in our minds,
it would transform everything."

Assurance of Salvation
Martyn L Jones.

I read this today.
I want to meditate on it and make it a part of my mind.
I wrote it here,
so that I won't forget this truth.
cc



No comments: