Sunday, August 2, 2015

where do I begin?


I will start here,
on this extremely narrow drawbridge
that got us onto Harbor Island,
South Carolina.
The link to paradise...
and yes,
we had no idea that a place like this existed.
It was beautiful,
 pristine,
 free of traffic and congestion,
quiet,
peaceful.
A place where we were content to sit on the back porch,
drinking coffee,
talking and laughing
watching the alligators, 
playing games,
letting the night settle in,
gazing at the full, blue moon.
Hard to remember a time when
 I was more relaxed, content and happy.




This is where we spent most of our time.
We would go to the beach,
ride the golf cart and
our bikes.
We would eat and clean up,
but all of us would soon find each other back
on the porch,

The alligators were in the creek right below us.
They put on quite a show,
All of us were mesmerized by these awesome creatures.


So,
I begin here.
I will probably be blogging on this trip all week.
I am still basking in the glow of this wonderful island
and the time Bubba and I got to spend
with our family.



Thanks to our friends Lou and Wally
for enlightening us about this wonderful place.

No comments: