Thursday, March 4, 2021

11 days


Today is infusion day which gives me the perfect excuse to rest.
I have PID ~ Primary Immune Deficiency.
I was diagnosed about ten years ago after battling infection after infection which I could never shake. Antibiotics didn't help.
I pretty much stayed sick all of the time.
Some blood work done at the ER in the midst of another endless and unproductive round of antibiotics alerted my allergist to the root cause of my ills.
PID is hard to detect ~ mercifully, after so many years ~ I had hope.

When the infusions started, Bubba would administer them to me.
We did them on Sunday afternoons.
They took three hours.
I would lay in my bed and let the liquid "gold" substance flow into my body.
It invovled four needles stuck in my tummy.
We did this once a week.
He had to watch me closely and keep an EPI pen handy in case of anaphylactic shock.
He was my perfect caregiver during that time.

For about the last five years, I have had a nurse come to my house.
The procedure became more technical and involved a very sophisticated pump.
It still takes three hours,
 but I only have two needles stuck in me now instead of four,
and, thankfully, this infusion is only done once a month.
My time with my nurse is a treasure.
She is a Christian and we are very like-minded.

Here is the most amazing part of this story...
I almost never get sick anymore.
I never take antibiotics.
I have tons of energy.
I am so thankful!

David told me to rest this week from so much packing!
I am resting today.
I have to!
The infusion itself takes me down for a little while.
It wipes me out.
I'll be back to work tomorrow though.
Eleven days till I have to be out of my dream home.
God is God all the time!

"How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!"
Psalm 144:15
















 
He was amazing in helping me.

 

No comments: