Sunday, March 28, 2021

porch


My apartment has a little screened-in porch overlooking the pool and some palm trees.
It is just big enough for my patio table and chairs 
and the few geraniums I was able to salvage.
I love to be out here...
maybe reading, 
maybe having a quick bite to eat, 
maybe just sitting for a spell,
 drawing a breath, 
resting.
Life is simpler now for sure.
Not nearly as much to keep up with.
Sometimes I still can't believe the swiftness that all of this happened.

I am unpacking boxes,
getting my kitchen like I like it,
decorating with a real retro look of old, much loved things.
I don't want to get too spread out because I have to move again,
but...
I have to live here for a while so I might as well be comfortable.

The groundbreaking of my new place hasn't happened yet.
Still waiting for the city to give us the building permits which should be soon.
I am excited to watch it go up, brick by brick.
I plan to be at the site most every day.

My collarbone is healing nicely.
The pain is diminishing every day.
I am so thankful for God's healing power and His grace.
The fall could have been so much worse.

Just wanted to give a little catch-up of how things are progressing.
I am continually thankful for all of the prayers.


We'll see what happens with these.
One is seemingly flourishing,
one is barely there.
and one is I think not going to make it.

⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘





 

No comments: