Monday, March 1, 2021

fourteen days


Once I said yes to the house,
things started moving very rapidly.
All of the excitement came with a dilemma.
My new house doesn't exist in real-time yet and I close on this house in 14 days.
Really?
You know what that means...
I have to move twice.
(more on that later)
I have spent every waking moment for the last month packing up everything in this house.
I pack, and David and Erika and the boys haul it out to guess where?
A storage house!
Bubba was so thrilled when we finally got completely out of the seven storage houses that we had when we moved back to Savannah. I can't even imagine what he is thinking about all of this.
Anyway,
all of that is a work in progress.
By 6:30 every evening I am so tired I have to stop,
go sit down,
and will myself to stay awake until bedtime.
It is exhausting work.

So, my new house is being built from the ground up.
While that is being done,
I will pass my time living in a two-bedroom apartment.
I signed an 8-month lease
I am excited to get moved in so that I can slow the pace of my life down a bit.
I also want to enjoy every moment of watching my new house being built.
I picked out every single pretty thing,
and will be eagerly watching it all come together.

The next two weeks are critical.
In my mind getting all of this done seems impossible,
but I have help,
 and Amanda and her family are coming next week for the final move out.
Until then my nose will be to the grindstone.
What a fun, exciting time in my life!
I am so glad to feel happy again!
I think Bubba would be so proud of how I've come through this last year.

👍





 

No comments: