Wednesday, March 24, 2021

my apartment fireplace


Yesterday the maintenance guy came and got my fireplace working.
These early morning spring days are still chilly
and a fire feels good before the sun comes up.
I am grateful for this amenity!
I really need a fire in my house!

As I said earlier,
I have reverted back to some of my older decor.
This picture of a red barn has always been a favorite.
Harry loves it too and I will bequeath it to him along with all of my lighted houses.
That boy likes what I like and I love it!

I chose for my dinnerware here the dishes that Bubba and I received when we got married.
Those who know me well remember
Sculptured Daisy.
I am unpacking it now and will put it in the cabinets.
If you come here for a visit and a meal,
I will serve you on these beautiful antique plates.


I collected many pieces as Bubba and I traveled around the USA.
We both loved to go antiquing.
I was able to replace broken and chipped pieces and kept our set intact.
Our wedding had a daisy theme which tells you how much I love daisies.

Some would say at this point,
"Cathy, I thought you were chasing new beginnings!"
I am chasing new beginnings but,
I'm holding tightly to the old stuff too...
the stuff of which my memories are made. 

"He Loves Me ~ He Loves Me Not."

💚💛




 

No comments: