Monday, March 22, 2021

a morning with walter


Walter came over for a short visit this morning.
We read three books, had a snack, and played Hiss,
a game where you build a snake by matching colors on cards.
I'm pretty sure we weren't playing by the exact rules
because he won every game.
I always came up one card short.
I never read the rules of the game, just listened to his explanation.
The first person to put the tail on is the winner.
Walter was able to put that tail on first every time.

I have reverted back to my old furniture.
The sofa is over forty years old.
The table and the TV cabinet are from our Fayetteville years.
I haven't finished unpacking essentials yet,
much less decor items.
My body is starting to relax though.
I can tell because I'm sleeping a little later than 4 AM.

The word revive is used a lot in the book of Psalms.
It means "bring back to life."
Revive me, O my God.
Wake me up to life again.
Help me to cherish the little things,
the small, tiny, beautiful pleasures that you provide every single day.

@coming out of darkness into the light.



 

No comments: