Monday, March 15, 2021

Hey Bubba,



Today is closing day at the lawyer's office.

I just took one final look around our home.

I closed the door for the last time with tears in my eyes.

I have gotten rid of most all of your things.

After a year I am pretty sure you don't need them anymore.

It's just me now in a tiny apartment stacked high with boxes.

I am starting to make my way through the mess that is here.

I even broke my collarbone in the process of the move.

But you know what, my love?

I'm gonna be okay.

I am a survivor!

Jesus is holding my hand and keeping me in His will.

You know that though, don't you?


As I come to grips with this huge lifestyle change, I just want to say...

Thank you for everything.

We had an exceptionally blessed life together.

I am who I am because of the time I spent with you.

You are always on my mind, 

in my thoughts, 

making me smile and sometimes, like now, cry.

The intense emotion of the first few months after you left is starting to abate.


Bubba, I cherish my memories of you.

I know you are near.

I feel your presence.

I hear your gentle admonitions to be careful, 

to think things through,

to rest,

and mostly to seek God in His word with all of my heart. ❤️


Those children we made together, 

their spouses, 

and our grandchildren are everything to me.

They have seen me through the hardest year of my life.

What we invested in our family is pure gold. 

You would be so proud of them.

We miss you so much and wish you could be here,

but we wouldn't call you back from heaven if we could.

You have gone before us, 

paved the way,

proven that our hope in Christ is real. 

We will all see you soon.

I ❤️ you with all my heart,

Cathy



No comments: