Thursday, May 19, 2022

happy birthday walter #7


Walter strutted into his birthday party fully outfitted as a cowboy.
I was overwhelmed with the cuteness.
He had some kind of dress-up day at school and never removed his costume.
I love every bit of this right down to the rain boots,
which of course all cowboys need.
Also, the gun facing the wrong way would almost assure no one would be hurt.
Seven is a great age!
Still innocent.
Not yet fully aware of the complexities of living life in the world.


I'm always amazed at how much my Cleland grandkids love my
Broccoli Chicken Casserole.
Even on their birthdays,
when they can order up whatever they could possibly want,
they choose BCC.
This one cooked up perfectly and everyone said it was delicious.


A new house,
a new fireplace,
same old birthday sign.
It doesn't matter.
This moment right before opening presents is the bomb.
It's what each kid waits for all year.


Where's Lucy?
Walter is doing a sideways blowout of his curvy candles.
He wanted brownies with ice cream and cherries for his dessert.

Happy Birthday little guy.
Your Grammy loves you so much!
Ride um cowboy!

PS Walter's birthday was on April 29th.
I got behind with sharing so many pictures.
Better late than never!
In this long book of blogs,
 I can look back and see pictures of almost every one of my grandkid's birthdays.
I am so glad I have taken the time and made the effort to write this chronology.

Memories are the best when you get old like me!









 

No comments: