Monday, May 30, 2022

garage dedication


David's kids gave the above sign to their granddaddy a while ago.
It hung upstairs in his man-cave.
Bubba mounted it there and not in the garage.
I found it the other day.
I decided to dedicate my garage to him.
I hung it in the very center.
It is the first thing you see when you walk in.
Walter was the first to see it and comment.

I got some sophisticated shelving in the place where I wish I could park my "tank."
I have chosen to hang my new lawn chairs and the kid's scooters there.
I mentioned a while back that I wanted the garage to be a "girly" garage.
Somehow that just doesn't seem right.
So...
I dedicated it to Bubba 
who always was so proud of his garages everywhere we ever lived.
Here's to you Bub.
I will try to keep it neat and clean even though that never mattered much to you.

One more thing.
Bacon.


Bubba loved him some bacon.
He was the dedicated "bacon cooker" in our home.
I love bacon too.
Sometimes I will have it for supper with some cheese toast.
He always cooked it in the microwave.
I prefer to cook it in my mom's iron skillet.
It just tastes better that way I think.

Bubba is on my mind today.
Not unusual.
He filled up a lifetime with me.
I could never forget,





 

No comments: