Saturday, May 28, 2022

i wonder if anyone will notice


Yesterday I decided to pop a pound cake in the oven.
I often have that thought when my people are coming over for a meal.
It's my Mom's recipe and the kids love it.
The way it makes my house smell while it's cooking is a delight.
Anyway, here it is.
The first thing that happened was...
wait for it...
it burned a little around the edges.
(I need to adjust the temp/cook time for my new stove)
Next,
when I went to take it out of the cake pan it fell apart.
Then, while trying to put it back into the cake pan, it fell apart again.
Now there are three big chunks of hot cake on the counter.
What do I do?
I wanted to dig in right there because I love hot cake right out of the oven.
But, 
I waited,
let it cool off,
and miraculously fit it back together on the cake plate.
You can see where the damage is.
The parts that are missing I did eat.
How could I not?
This damaged cake will not go to waste, I promise.


I love fresh whipped cream.
I serve it with some strawberries when they are in season.
It's easy to make.
They love it too!
While I whip that cream I add sugar and some fresh vanilla.
Except this morning.
This morning I was not careful and instead of vanilla,
 I added orange extract.
I added a lot of orange extract.
I wonder if anyone will notice?
😉




 

No comments: