Saturday, May 14, 2022

happy saturday


Yesterday afternoon I had all five of these sweeties over to my house.
After a long session of outdoor activities,
we all piled into my tank
 and headed for dinner at Cici's Pizza Buffet.
The excitement was palatable.
There was talk of lots of pizza heaped on lots of different plates and a drink bar too.
For some reason, to teenagers, and almost teenagers,
 this is the best treat ever.
I was, understandably unimpressed.
But watching them have fun and enjoy this outing made my day.

Having cancer and then going through Bubba's sudden death completely shut me down.
It was like I was still in the land of the living,
 but I felt detached from reality.
Most of the time I found solace in the quiet of my home, alone.
I'm still at that place of needing a lot solitude,
 but I'm starting to gradually feel the desire to interact with people again.
Yesterday was good.
It went well.
I still can't make a phone call for lots of different reasons.
Mainly because it absolutely scares me to death.
That's okay!
Kinda sad, but okay.
But I've met some of my new neighbors and they are nice and I feel safe.
Thank You, God, for small victories.





 

No comments: