Sunday, March 29, 2009

a christian's delight

"The vigor of our spiritual life will be in exact proportion to the place held by the Bible in our life and thoughts. I solemnly state this from the experience of fifty-four years.

The first three years after conversion I neglected the word of God. Since I began to search it diligently the blessing has been wonderful.

I have read the Bible through one hundred times, and always with increasing delight. Each time it seems like a new book to me.

Great has been the blessing from consecutive, diligent, daily study. I look upon it as a lost day when I have not had a good time over the Word of God."


The above was written by George Muller of Bristol Orphanage fame.

I have contemplated these last few days why I write this blog.
I pray that my motives are pure.

A Christian is to love God and enjoy Him forever.
A Christian is to glorify God with the daily living of her life.
A Christian is to encourage others in the ways of God.

I write what I live....I try to live what I write.

Pray for me if you will in this endeavor.

cathy

No comments: