Wednesday, March 18, 2009

notes on reading





How to get your kids to love reading....Love it yourself!
Pile up in the bed with your grammy.

Have on your jammies and smell fresh and clean.

Do a little fighting for the place closest to the one who is reading.

Become quickly mesmerized by a book you have had read to you a hundred times already.

One of you go get grammy's glasses because the words blur without them.

I have to get the words right because they have memorized the book and will call me on every mistake.

Leave plenty of time for some horseplay....giggling.....more fighting.....and a kiss or two.

I just finished reading The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough. It met every need I have for weather related thrillers.

This is the funny part....at Christmas David and Erika gave me an old, out of print book about weather related diasters. I read it while I had the pneumonia. For my birthday they gave me the book I mentioned above. I read that one during this present illness.

I would warn.....no more weather related books, they only cause me to get sick. (just kidding, of course, keep them coming!)

To spring!!!! Rejoice in the seasons of life!

Love, Cathy


No comments: