Friday, March 27, 2009

lucy in the sky with diamonds

These glitter stars are hanging in my bedroom......yes I have grown very whimsical in my old age. I collect these. I found this veil of stars in a flea market that I love down here at the beach.

Last night Lucy spotted them for the first time, stood on the window seat behind them ,and gave me a great photo opportunity.

Lucy's hair is just getting long enough to force into pigtails and I think she looks very cute.

I guess you can tell I take great joy in these grand babies.....they are God's gift to the aged. I can't believe I fall into this category, but I do.

We have big plans for the beach this summer. I told Lucy last night that we would go to Target and buy her very own folding beach chair. That way she and I can sit on the beach and read together.

We are also planning for some larger buckets and shovels so that we can make really large sand castles. A Day at the Beach is the book that has inspired all of this.....it gets read over and over, especially to Jake.

I'll leave you with this tonight....

Find your contentment in the moments you spend with those you love, in small, simple things like a smile brought on by a veil of glittering stars hanging from the ceiling or a big red bucket and a beach full of sand......a tiny hand reaching for your hand or a yelp of your name when you walk into a room.

go out and look for your glittering stars, cathy

1 comment:

Cherie said...

What a nice post.